Well, I can honestly say that I have not had much fun since my last blog. I have recently been diagnosed with endometriosis. I have always had extremely painful periods (like stay home from school and throw up and cry in pain for 2 days every month) and all that jazz associated with being a woman but over the past year I have experienced new pains that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. I spent last Easter in the emergency room trying to figure out wtf was wrong with me down there, I was in so much pain I just screamed all morning so my mom hauled me to the doctor for them to diagnose me with nothing! All I got was a $300 bill! I saw more docs in 2008 and all I got was a whole bunch of prescriptions that really didn't do much.
Finally the pains went away by summer and the beginning of winter. Well guess what, they are baaaack and stronger than ever! I can't put words to how I feel 90% of the time lately. Well after the pains started again, I went to the gyno (my favorite place, lemme tell ya... yuck) and they did a sonogram and found a whole bunch of cysts on my ovaries and a whole lotta scar tissue (which is essentially what endo is). So long story short, the doctor said "we think you have endo, there is no way to fix it except maybe surgery but we can't know for sure if it's endo unless we do surgery on you and if you can bare the pain I wouldn't advise surgery." Well... damn. What is a girl to do!
Well, I damn sure don't want surgery but I can't handle this pain. So I am headed to my hometown tomorrow to get a second opinion from my doctor there and see what the heck they have to say after poking an prodding at me. With the amount of pain that I am in, I am not sure that it's endo anymore. Going to bed so that I can stop feeling my body hurting... cross your fingers that they figure out what the hell is wrong, that it isn't very bed, and that they can fix it!
Goodnight...
No comments:
Post a Comment