12.24.2008

Merry Christmas Baby!

Well, it's Christmas Eve... where did 2008 go?! It's a bittersweet end to a bittersweet year. Somethings I am more than happy to leave in 2008 but others I shall miss...

In Weight Watcher's news... this chick is 13 lbs lighter since 10.08.08... HELL yes!!!!! :) But tomorrow is Christmas and my mom is in my kitchen cooking away so we'll see how weigh in goes next week! So shallow but I went shopping yesterday for new clothes in smaller sizes and I enjoyed the hell out of it! Taking charge of something in my life feels sooooo good! Bye bye college weight! 11 more lbs to go...

Well, newsflash... the economy is in the pooper... shocking I know. But it really feels like it this Christmas. No one that I know is out spending money on gifts, not because they don't want to, but because they don't have any dang money! It's wierd... a lot of my friends are so bummed out about money issues and job security that it doesn't even feel like Christmas. I miss the days when I believed in Santa. 15 or so years ago at this time I would be baking cookies, pouring a glass of milk for Santa and hurrying to bed. But really I would secretly go lay in my bed pretending to sleep so that I could catch Santa putting presents under my tree and see him for myself. I learned very quickly that faking being asleep leads to really being asleep and I always managed to somehow miss Santa...

Maybe I should just go to bed early, forget about anything that bothers me, and see what Santa leaves under the tree for me. Nah, I'll go pour a glass of wine, cuddle up on the couch and enjoy my Christmas decorations. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night...

Merry Christmas!