10.14.2008

A day in the life...

Today was a pretty dull day. Did the work thing for 8 hours, then went on a walk with my bff and her dogs. The neighborhood that we live in apparently has a coyote problem lately...?? Coyotes in the middle of Surburbia... interesting! Well I a survived the walk, didn't get eaten by coyotes. There was, however, an absurd abundance of goose poop by the lake that I almost ruined a perfectly good pair of shoes on. The coyotes must have scared the sh*t out of the geese... literally.



So as I turn on the news, every single channel has Obama this, McCain that... frankly, I am sick of hearing about the both of them! Whichever one gets elected has a lot of cleaning up to do. The outcome of this election will be historical no matter who wins and I am happy to be alive and see history being made. I am pretty sick of the slandering of the opponent, don't tell me what he or she did or didn't do... tell me what you are going to do to fix this sh*t storm that America is in right now. Ok, stepping down off of my soap box...



On a happier note, I am pretty excited about the dinner that I had tonight... I am easily amused, I know! I am really getting down and liking this Weight Watchers thing a lot! It has been really inspiring to me to try new and different foods that I automatically assumed that I wouldn't like or would prefer to have fries and a burger instead of. I had this new soup that I found while shopping today that was 1 point! 1 point for dinner is a HUGE deal in ww world. To put it in perspective I get 23 points per day and I have to get in breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and any drinks with calories all into these 23 measley points along with getting 2 servings of dairy, 8 glasses of water, 2 healthy oils, and at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies. This was initially overwhelming, but I have this down now :) and I get 35 flex points a week to play around with incase I do want that burger and fries one day. I worked out today so I get 2 activity points for my 40 minute walk. I can "eat" those points tonight too if I want or I can just have 2 activity points floating around. Tomorrow is weigh in so I may just let them float... :)

1 comment: